With Halloween right around the corner, now is the perfect time to take a road trip to any one of the many haunted places near New Bern, NC. Simply hop into your new Cadillac and drive to a haunted spot—a perfect activity for a date or as a family adventure. We at Trent Cadillac have put together a list of some of our favorite local haunted spots.
According to Haunted Places, one of the spookiest haunted spots in New Bern is the Attmore-Oliver House. Built in 1790, this house is reported to have several ghostly inhabitants. You can tour the house if you request an appointment, and many visitors report seeing poltergeists from former residents who passed.
Next, check out the Harvey Mansion and Historic Inn. Built at the start of the nineteenth century, there is supposedly a woman in a white dress that haunts this location. If you listen closely, you’ll hear a child laughing in the night.
Finally, visit the Foscue Plantation House. Located 10 miles from New Bern in Pollocksville, NC, this house was built in 1824 and is rumored to be haunted. Whether you’re a paranormal investigator or simply an amateur ghost hunter, this plantation house is a must-see spot on any haunted tour around North Carolina.
Cadillac has been a luxury American staple for over 100 years. True Cadillac fans know there is a lot of history behind this brand. Nevertheless, there are still some things you probably don’t know. Here are four facts about Cadillac that might surprise you.
- The first bulletproof presidential limo belonged to Al Capone. When Al Capone was sent to Alcatraz, the treasury department impounded his fully armored Cadillac. Then, on December 7, 1941, after Pearl Harbor, President Franklin D. Roosevelt needed something safe to transport him, and the Secret Service used Capone’s car.
- It was named after the founder of Detroit. A Frenchman named Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac founded a town which he called Ville d’Etroit. When the car company was started, they paid homage to the intrepid explorer.
- Cadillac introduced many automotive innovations. Things like curved windshields, enclosed cabins, electric starters, electric lights, airbags, climate control, and counterbalanced crankshafts were all first used by Cadillac, and eventually the rest of the industry.
- Cadillac was the first to use an automotive stylist. In 1927, Cadillac hired Harley Earl to style their cars. He went on to create the LaSalle and eventually gained legendary status.
If you love Cadillac, then come see what today’s modern lineup can offer you with a test drive at Trent Cadillac. Let us know if you want more interesting facts about Cadillac.
Here in North Carolina, fall weather is relatively mild, especially out here on the coast. However, the closer you get to the mountains, the cooler it becomes. No matter where you live in the state, you need to take some time to prepare for the upcoming change in seasons. Here are three ways to prepare your Cadillac for fall.
- Check your tires. Wet leaves on the ground can lead to slick road conditions. Make sure your tires have enough tread left to keep you and your Cadillac connected to the ground. You can use the penny test, or, for even safer results, the quarter test.
- Pack an emergency kit. You never know when an emergency will happen, but you can try to plan for them. As the temperatures start to get cooler, especially at night, you’ll want to prepare for the worst—a dead car on the side of the road. Pack some blankets, a spare cell phone or charged battery, high energy snacks, emergency flares, and water.
- Catch up on maintenance. If your Cadillac is due for any routine maintenance, or you have been noticing some bothersome issues, then it is surely time for a check-up.
If you want to make sure your Cadillac is ready for the fall, schedule a service appointment here at Trent Cadillac.
The all-new 2018 Cadillac CT6 has arrived on our lot here at Trent Cadillac, and we could not be any more excited.
So what’s new for the 2018 Cadillac CT6? Quite a lot actually. Here are just some of the exciting updates to the CT6:
While Cadillac has removed some colors (Dark Emerald Metallic, Moonstone Metallic, Phantom Gray Metallic, and Red Passion Tintcoat), it has also added several new colors, including Red Horizon Tintcoat, Satin Steel Metallic, and Stone Gray Metallic.
Updates to the Rear Camera Mirror.
Cadillac has added a high-pressure washer to the rear-facing lens for improved visibility.
Inside, the 2018 CT6 gets auto-ventilated front seats, an automatic heated steering wheel, and a leather-wrapped driver-side airbag cover on the steering wheel on the Platinum trim.
The CUE infotainment system has been updated, now in version 2.6. This gives drivers two new features. The first is Teen Driver, which allows parents to monitor the driving habits of new drivers and give feedback when necessary. The second is CUE Collection, which allows drivers to install apps that serve to improve the driving experience.
Visit Trent Cadillac today for a test drive of the all-new 2018 Cadillac CT6.
While many of us do not like it when things change, change can often be a good thing. That is what we think about Trent Cadillac’s website. We are still part of the Trent Automotive group, we are still in the same location, we still have the same great Cadillac inventory, and we still have the same great staff here to serve you. The only change is that we now have a new, dedicated website to serve our great Cadillac customers.
With this new site, TrentCadillac.com, it will be easier to find the inventory you are looking for and the services you need without having to filter through the Buick and GMC brands. With Cadillac special offers and information front and center on the site, you can find what you need quickly and easily.
This site makes shopping for a new or pre-owned Cadillac more convenient, and will help to save you time. And, of course, since we are still in the same great location, you can always come visit us and receive the same excellent service you are used to.
Our website may be new, but everything else that you know and love about Trent Cadillac is the same.
Welcome to our blog where you can stay up to date on Cadillac news, dealership and local events, and more! Plus, we’ll have lots of great driving and car maintenance tips!
Stay tuned for more to come!