It is award season for our favorite celebs in Hollywood, so the staff at Trent Cadillac decided to reflect on our favorite movies. To no one’s surprise, a lot of us at the dealership are partial to movies with Cadillacs in them. Here are some of our favorite movies featuring Cadillacs:
- The Big Wheel: This film starred Mickey Rooney and his 1941 Cadillac series 62 convertible coupe. In the film, Rooney establishes a career in motorsports.
- Driving Miss Daisy: The widely celebrated film, Driving Miss Daisy, which won several awards and starred Morgan Freeman, Jessica Tandy, and Dan Aykroyd, features a classic 1956 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special.
- Pink Cadillac: This film stars Clint Eastwood and Bernadette Peters, but perhaps even more memorable is the unapologetically pink Cadillac series 62 convertible.
- Every Which Way But Loose: Another Eastwood film, Every Which Way But Loose features a 1959 Cadillac convertible in the American West.
- National Lampoon films: A number of the National Lampoon films, starring Chevy Chase, feature Cadillac models.
- Ghostbusters: The National Lampoons films weren’t the only comedies to star a Cadillac. The hilarious Ghostbusters cult classic starring Bill Murray also features a 1959 Cadillac Ambulance.
What’s your favorite movie featuring a Cadillac?
After a long and stormy winter with its fair share of snow, ice, and even rain, we’re finally staring down a warm spring and a hot summer (though no promises on that rain ever ending). When you can find a sunny day, pack up your new car from Trent Cadillac and head out to explore the outdoors.
Not sure where to go? These are the five best parks in and around New Bern, North Carolina:
- New Bern Historical Society Civil War Battlefield Park: If you are a history buff who enjoys a walk through nature, take a tour of this historic battlefield set on 30 acres, which played host to the Battle of New Bern.
- Kidsville Playground: The youngsters may not appreciate the significance of a battlefield, but they’ll sure love the playground equipment at Kidsville.
- Isaac Taylor Garden: This outdoor garden area in downtown New Bern can be reserved for private events, like a family picnic or a summer wedding.
- Island Creek Trail: Enjoy a good hike? You’ll find plenty of loop options at Island Creek Trail with beautiful views.
- Creekside Park: Go play a game of baseball or just take a dog for the walk at this beautiful park.
The perfect way to get to these beautiful parks is in a new vehicle purchased at Trent Cadillac.
The Craven Concert Series has been providing New Bern and the surrounding area with the opportunity to experience live music for 34 consecutive years – and this year is no different.
For the 2018 season, the series has a number of concerts lined up. On Tuesday, March 20, you can enjoy the musical comedy of 3 Redneck Tenors. This trio are all classically trained, but like to bring some down-home laughs to their performance. Many say it’s like Duck Dynasty goes to the opera – and who wouldn’t want to see that? Even better, 3 Redneck Tenors were Finalists on America’s Got Talent, so you know they will definitely entertain.
If jazz and R&B are more your style, then you should see the Side Street Strutters performance, which is happening on Wednesday, April 11. Hear some of your favorites like Gershwin, Ellington, and, of course, Sinatra. The Strutters were awarded the Outstanding Musicianship Award by the International Association of Jaz Educators and awarded First Place at the Breda International Jazz Competition.
All performances within the Craven Concert Series are held in the Grover C. Fields Performing Arts Center and begin at 7:30pm on the date they are scheduled.
Enjoy some music this year and get your tickets for these performances now. Just order them online or at the box office before the performance. If you need a ride to get there, stop by Trent Cadillac.
When the seasons change, the chance you will begin to experience issues with your car increases. Your dashboard lights can help you easily diagnose any problems your car is having before they become a bigger problem. Here is a quick look at the more commonly seen dashboard indicator lights and their meanings.
Tire Pressure Warning: Fluctuating temperatures mean your tire pressure will fluctuate. When your pressure is over or under its recommended range, the Tire Pressure Warning indicator will light up. Make sure you check your pressure and either fill your tires or deflate them slightly to keep them at the proper pressure.
Check engine light: The Check Engine Light can come on for a range of reasons, from having a loose gas cap to needing new spark plugs for your engine. If this engine-shaped light comes on, it’s a good idea to bring your car into your local mechanic’s shop to make sure your car keeps running smoothly.
Battery charge alert: Shaped like a battery, the Battery Charge Alert light will come on when your car’s battery is running on a low charge – or is dead. Keep an eye out for this alert, as batteries tend to last about five years or so.
Being aware of your dashboard lights can go a long way towards helping you keep your car out of the mechanic’s shop and on the road. If you see any lights illuminate on your dash, be sure to bring your vehicle into Trent Cadillac to have the issue addressed.
Cadillacs have always been a popular choice for celebrities, from old Hollywood to today. Check out this list of celebrities who drive Cadillacs and what their model of choice is.
As far back as the 1930s, celebrities have been driving Cadillacs. Jean Harlow drove a Cadillac V-12 and was photographed with it in 1930, and the legendary Clark Gable was styling in a Cadillac convertible. Iconic stars like Clint Eastwood, Marlene Dietrich, Rita Hayworth, and even Ronald Reagan (not yet president) were Cadillac drivers. There’s even a photo of Elvis Presley getting a parking ticket for his Caddy.
More recently, Cadillac—especially the Cadillac Escalade—has been a top pick of celebrities, with everyone from soccer star David Beckham to infamous stars of Jersey Shore Snooki and DJ Pauly D driving one. The mega-rich CEO of Berkshire Hathaway Warren Buffett drove a Cadillac DTS for almost a decade and stayed loyal to the brand when he upgraded to an XTS, auctioning his DTS for over $120,000.
Cadillac’s reliable, feature-packed, luxurious vehicles are a perfect choice for celebrities, but they’re still affordable for many average buyers. If you want to drive like a celeb, give us a call today at Trent Cadillac and set up a test drive.
If you’re looking for new Thanksgiving traditions to try out this year, then you’re in luck. There are tons of fun crafts and activities you can do with your family that will bring new life to the holiday, and we’ve come up with some of our favorites from around the internet.
Try out crafts with your kids like making a family tablecloth. Just get a plain white tablecloth and have everyone write down what they’re thankful for. You can use it every year and see how it changes. The kids will also have fun putting together a family cookbook with all your traditional Thanksgiving recipes. Print the recipes and have the kids decorate the pages, then put them in a binder or scrapbook.
Make it a tradition to take time out for yourself away from the bustle of Thanksgiving. Whether that’s taking a walk, making yourself breakfast to enjoy before your guests arrive, or sitting down with a cup of coffee in the morning before you start cooking, it’ll help you relax before things get too crazy.
Lastly, if you’d like to spend your holiday giving back to the community, try doing something charitable. Volunteer at a soup kitchen and help feed the less fortunate or get together some old clothes and toys your kids don’t need anymore and donate them to a local charity. Lots of communities have a Turkey Trot marathon that collects donations and lets you burn off all that heavy Thanksgiving food.
From everyone here at Trent Cadillac, we wish you an amazing Thanksgiving.
The Cadillac User Experience (also called CUE) is designed to make driving safer and simpler. You can easily connect to your smartphone and tablets via this innovative technology, and many features can be customized for seamless access. Connecting your devices to CUE takes just a few simple steps.
According to Cadillac, you can connect your devices through Bluetooth. Start by turning on the Bluetooth setting on your phone. Via the touch screen select the Phone icon. Select phones, and then pair the devices. On your Phone, connect to the Cadillac CUE device. Follow the prompts on your phone and the touchscreen to pair using a special PIN. A checkmark next to your device on the touchscreen confirms activation.
Up to 10 devices can be paired to the CUE system at a time, but only one may be accessed at a time. You can also connect using the voice-activation system, located on the steering wheel.
What can you do once your device is connected? You can access features like phone contacts to make calls with the voice-activation technology, select playlists to use in Pandora®, and manage Points of Interest and other navigation features. For more information about CUE and other Cadillac systems, visit Trent Cadillac to speak to an expert.
With Halloween right around the corner, now is the perfect time to take a road trip to any one of the many haunted places near New Bern, NC. Simply hop into your new Cadillac and drive to a haunted spot—a perfect activity for a date or as a family adventure. We at Trent Cadillac have put together a list of some of our favorite local haunted spots.
According to Haunted Places, one of the spookiest haunted spots in New Bern is the Attmore-Oliver House. Built in 1790, this house is reported to have several ghostly inhabitants. You can tour the house if you request an appointment, and many visitors report seeing poltergeists from former residents who passed.
Next, check out the Harvey Mansion and Historic Inn. Built at the start of the nineteenth century, there is supposedly a woman in a white dress that haunts this location. If you listen closely, you’ll hear a child laughing in the night.
Finally, visit the Foscue Plantation House. Located 10 miles from New Bern in Pollocksville, NC, this house was built in 1824 and is rumored to be haunted. Whether you’re a paranormal investigator or simply an amateur ghost hunter, this plantation house is a must-see spot on any haunted tour around North Carolina.
Cadillac has been a luxury American staple for over 100 years. True Cadillac fans know there is a lot of history behind this brand. Nevertheless, there are still some things you probably don’t know. Here are four facts about Cadillac that might surprise you.
- The first bulletproof presidential limo belonged to Al Capone. When Al Capone was sent to Alcatraz, the treasury department impounded his fully armored Cadillac. Then, on December 7, 1941, after Pearl Harbor, President Franklin D. Roosevelt needed something safe to transport him, and the Secret Service used Capone’s car.
- It was named after the founder of Detroit. A Frenchman named Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac founded a town which he called Ville d’Etroit. When the car company was started, they paid homage to the intrepid explorer.
- Cadillac introduced many automotive innovations. Things like curved windshields, enclosed cabins, electric starters, electric lights, airbags, climate control, and counterbalanced crankshafts were all first used by Cadillac, and eventually the rest of the industry.
- Cadillac was the first to use an automotive stylist. In 1927, Cadillac hired Harley Earl to style their cars. He went on to create the LaSalle and eventually gained legendary status.
If you love Cadillac, then come see what today’s modern lineup can offer you with a test drive at Trent Cadillac. Let us know if you want more interesting facts about Cadillac.