After a long and stormy winter with its fair share of snow, ice, and even rain, we’re finally staring down a warm spring and a hot summer (though no promises on that rain ever ending). When you can find a sunny day, pack up your new car from Trent Cadillac and head out to explore the outdoors.
Not sure where to go? These are the five best parks in and around New Bern, North Carolina:
- New Bern Historical Society Civil War Battlefield Park: If you are a history buff who enjoys a walk through nature, take a tour of this historic battlefield set on 30 acres, which played host to the Battle of New Bern.
- Kidsville Playground: The youngsters may not appreciate the significance of a battlefield, but they’ll sure love the playground equipment at Kidsville.
- Isaac Taylor Garden: This outdoor garden area in downtown New Bern can be reserved for private events, like a family picnic or a summer wedding.
- Island Creek Trail: Enjoy a good hike? You’ll find plenty of loop options at Island Creek Trail with beautiful views.
- Creekside Park: Go play a game of baseball or just take a dog for the walk at this beautiful park.
The perfect way to get to these beautiful parks is in a new vehicle purchased at Trent Cadillac.
The Craven Concert Series has been providing New Bern and the surrounding area with the opportunity to experience live music for 34 consecutive years – and this year is no different.
For the 2018 season, the series has a number of concerts lined up. On Tuesday, March 20, you can enjoy the musical comedy of 3 Redneck Tenors. This trio are all classically trained, but like to bring some down-home laughs to their performance. Many say it’s like Duck Dynasty goes to the opera – and who wouldn’t want to see that? Even better, 3 Redneck Tenors were Finalists on America’s Got Talent, so you know they will definitely entertain.
If jazz and R&B are more your style, then you should see the Side Street Strutters performance, which is happening on Wednesday, April 11. Hear some of your favorites like Gershwin, Ellington, and, of course, Sinatra. The Strutters were awarded the Outstanding Musicianship Award by the International Association of Jaz Educators and awarded First Place at the Breda International Jazz Competition.
All performances within the Craven Concert Series are held in the Grover C. Fields Performing Arts Center and begin at 7:30pm on the date they are scheduled.
Enjoy some music this year and get your tickets for these performances now. Just order them online or at the box office before the performance. If you need a ride to get there, stop by Trent Cadillac.