Rocking out and having a good time are two things that go hand-in-hand in New Bern. This year’s Rockin’ on the Rivers music festival takes place on July 20th, rain or shine. Trent Cadillac is proud to be a sponsor of the Rockin’ on the Rivers music festival.
The Rockin’ on the Rivers music festival is the second concert in the 2018 Summer Concert Series. The New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce has partnered with WRNS 95.1 to make this event particularly special. As a result, Parmalee with Bryan Mayer and 3 Day Weekend will be performing live on the waterfront.
Tickets are $15 if purchased in advance and $20 at the gate. Children under 12 years old are admitted for free when accompanied by a paying adult. Ticket sales began on April 9th and can be purchased online at the New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce website. Alternatively, tickets can be purchased in person at Mitchell Hardware and the New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce office.
For those coming from out of town to attend the concert, you’re in luck. The DoubleTree has discounted rates for those planning on attending. You can take advantage of the discount by visiting their website.
We hope to see you at this year’s Rockin’ on the Rivers festival.
It is award season for our favorite celebs in Hollywood, so the staff at Trent Cadillac decided to reflect on our favorite movies. To no one’s surprise, a lot of us at the dealership are partial to movies with Cadillacs in them. Here are some of our favorite movies featuring Cadillacs:
- The Big Wheel: This film starred Mickey Rooney and his 1941 Cadillac series 62 convertible coupe. In the film, Rooney establishes a career in motorsports.
- Driving Miss Daisy: The widely celebrated film, Driving Miss Daisy, which won several awards and starred Morgan Freeman, Jessica Tandy, and Dan Aykroyd, features a classic 1956 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special.
- Pink Cadillac: This film stars Clint Eastwood and Bernadette Peters, but perhaps even more memorable is the unapologetically pink Cadillac series 62 convertible.
- Every Which Way But Loose: Another Eastwood film, Every Which Way But Loose features a 1959 Cadillac convertible in the American West.
- National Lampoon films: A number of the National Lampoon films, starring Chevy Chase, feature Cadillac models.
- Ghostbusters: The National Lampoons films weren’t the only comedies to star a Cadillac. The hilarious Ghostbusters cult classic starring Bill Murray also features a 1959 Cadillac Ambulance.
What’s your favorite movie featuring a Cadillac?
After a long and stormy winter with its fair share of snow, ice, and even rain, we’re finally staring down a warm spring and a hot summer (though no promises on that rain ever ending). When you can find a sunny day, pack up your new car from Trent Cadillac and head out to explore the outdoors.
Not sure where to go? These are the five best parks in and around New Bern, North Carolina:
- New Bern Historical Society Civil War Battlefield Park: If you are a history buff who enjoys a walk through nature, take a tour of this historic battlefield set on 30 acres, which played host to the Battle of New Bern.
- Kidsville Playground: The youngsters may not appreciate the significance of a battlefield, but they’ll sure love the playground equipment at Kidsville.
- Isaac Taylor Garden: This outdoor garden area in downtown New Bern can be reserved for private events, like a family picnic or a summer wedding.
- Island Creek Trail: Enjoy a good hike? You’ll find plenty of loop options at Island Creek Trail with beautiful views.
- Creekside Park: Go play a game of baseball or just take a dog for the walk at this beautiful park.
The perfect way to get to these beautiful parks is in a new vehicle purchased at Trent Cadillac.
The Craven Concert Series has been providing New Bern and the surrounding area with the opportunity to experience live music for 34 consecutive years – and this year is no different.
For the 2018 season, the series has a number of concerts lined up. On Tuesday, March 20, you can enjoy the musical comedy of 3 Redneck Tenors. This trio are all classically trained, but like to bring some down-home laughs to their performance. Many say it’s like Duck Dynasty goes to the opera – and who wouldn’t want to see that? Even better, 3 Redneck Tenors were Finalists on America’s Got Talent, so you know they will definitely entertain.
If jazz and R&B are more your style, then you should see the Side Street Strutters performance, which is happening on Wednesday, April 11. Hear some of your favorites like Gershwin, Ellington, and, of course, Sinatra. The Strutters were awarded the Outstanding Musicianship Award by the International Association of Jaz Educators and awarded First Place at the Breda International Jazz Competition.
All performances within the Craven Concert Series are held in the Grover C. Fields Performing Arts Center and begin at 7:30pm on the date they are scheduled.
Enjoy some music this year and get your tickets for these performances now. Just order them online or at the box office before the performance. If you need a ride to get there, stop by Trent Cadillac.