Cadillac has been a luxury American staple for over 100 years. True Cadillac fans know there is a lot of history behind this brand. Nevertheless, there are still some things you probably don’t know. Here are four facts about Cadillac that might surprise you.
- The first bulletproof presidential limo belonged to Al Capone. When Al Capone was sent to Alcatraz, the treasury department impounded his fully armored Cadillac. Then, on December 7, 1941, after Pearl Harbor, President Franklin D. Roosevelt needed something safe to transport him, and the Secret Service used Capone’s car.
- It was named after the founder of Detroit. A Frenchman named Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac founded a town which he called Ville d’Etroit. When the car company was started, they paid homage to the intrepid explorer.
- Cadillac introduced many automotive innovations. Things like curved windshields, enclosed cabins, electric starters, electric lights, airbags, climate control, and counterbalanced crankshafts were all first used by Cadillac, and eventually the rest of the industry.
- Cadillac was the first to use an automotive stylist. In 1927, Cadillac hired Harley Earl to style their cars. He went on to create the LaSalle and eventually gained legendary status.
If you love Cadillac, then come see what today’s modern lineup can offer you with a test drive at Trent Cadillac. Let us know if you want more interesting facts about Cadillac.
Here in North Carolina, fall weather is relatively mild, especially out here on the coast. However, the closer you get to the mountains, the cooler it becomes. No matter where you live in the state, you need to take some time to prepare for the upcoming change in seasons. Here are three ways to prepare your Cadillac for fall.
- Check your tires. Wet leaves on the ground can lead to slick road conditions. Make sure your tires have enough tread left to keep you and your Cadillac connected to the ground. You can use the penny test, or, for even safer results, the quarter test.
- Pack an emergency kit. You never know when an emergency will happen, but you can try to plan for them. As the temperatures start to get cooler, especially at night, you’ll want to prepare for the worst—a dead car on the side of the road. Pack some blankets, a spare cell phone or charged battery, high energy snacks, emergency flares, and water.
- Catch up on maintenance. If your Cadillac is due for any routine maintenance, or you have been noticing some bothersome issues, then it is surely time for a check-up.
If you want to make sure your Cadillac is ready for the fall, schedule a service appointment here at Trent Cadillac.
2018 is a great year for Cadillac, which will see refreshes and tech updates for a few of its models, as well as whispers of new models and trims set to be released next year. The Cadillac XTS and ATS are just two of the Cadillac cars that will offer new styling and features for the 2018 model year.
2018 Cadillac XTS
The XTS is getting a big refresh for 2018. The brand’s full-size sedan will feature tweaks to its front and rear styling, making it fit in better with the rest of the Cadillac lineup and giving it a sleeker, more modern look.
2018 Cadillac ATS
The ATS, Cadillac’s compact car offering, is another model receiving some styling updates. It adds a new color, Satin Steel Mechanic, a deep gray that gives the ATS extra sophistication, as well as other minor interior and exterior changes. The ATS also now comes with an available heated steering wheel.
Next-Generation CUE System
Both the XTS and the ATS will get the latest version of Cadillac CUE, which not only features faster speed and a redesigned interface, but also cloud support that lets you transfer your data from Cadillac to Cadillac, adjusting to your preferences and needs.
These are just a few of the exciting updates and changes you’ll find in the lineup of 2018 Cadillac models. For more information, give us a call today at Trent Cadillac.
We are very proud to announce that we were awarded the 2016 Cadillac Mark of Excellence Master Dealer award. Only 40 dealers in the nation received this award, and only one dealer in North Carolina got it – US! Thank you to all of our loyal customers for helping us get there.Pictured Left to Right: Manny Kahsai (Used Sales Manager), Paul Hewson (Service Manager), Pete & Mike Deichmann (owners), Randy Lacasse (Cadillac District Sales Manager), Jeff Mooring (General Manager), Kelly Key (New Sales Manager)
Posted by Trent Cadillac Buick GMC on Friday, May 26, 2017
Trent Cadillac is very honored and absolutely ecstatic to announce that we have won a Cadillac Mark of Excellence Master Dealer Award for 2016. This is a highly coveted award among Cadillac dealers across the United States, and only 40 dealers earned it this year. Trent Cadillac was the only dealer in North Carolina to earn this distinction.
What does the Cadillac Mark of Excellence Master Dealer Award indicate? To us, it is an indicator of our excellence in our sales and service departments and overall customer experience. That makes it as much our award as it is an award earned by and for our loyal customers here in North Carolina. It is only with your dedication to us and your willingness to allow us to sell to you and service your vehicles that we were able to earn this distinction.
You can see our dedicated staff receiving the award in the Facebook post below. Included in the photos are Manny Kahsai (Used Sales Manager), Paul Hewson (Service Manager), Pete and Mike Deichmann (owners), Randy Lacasse (Cadillac District Sales Manager), Jeff Mooring (General Manager), and Kelly Key (New Sales Manager).
Congrats to all of the staff at Trent Cadillac Buick GMC, and a big thank you to our loyal customers.
You chose a Cadillac because you are a discerning driver. You appreciate the finer things in life and understand the value of premium amenities and service. That is why maintaining your Cadillac and keeping it in prime condition is something you should reserve for the dealership.
Luxury brands like Cadillac require expert care to maintain their high levels of performance. They also come equipped with advanced technology that less experienced or less specialized technicians may not be able to deal with.
Here at Trent Cadillac, we have the highly-trained certified technicians your Cadillac needs. Our service bays are equipped with advanced diagnostic and repair equipment to get the job done quickly and accurately. This means you can trust us to get the job done right the first time.
And, giving you extra peace of mind, our technicians will only use GM Original Equipment parts when making a repair on your Cadillac. Many of these parts come with a Limited Lifetime Parts Warranty. This means if the part should fail, you will not have the pay for that part again.
If you want to keep your Cadillac in its pristine condition, schedule your routine or other services with the trusted service technicians here at Trent Cadillac.
While many of us do not like it when things change, change can often be a good thing. That is what we think about Trent Cadillac’s website. We are still part of the Trent Automotive group, we are still in the same location, we still have the same great Cadillac inventory, and we still have the same great staff here to serve you. The only change is that we now have a new, dedicated website to serve our great Cadillac customers.
With this new site, TrentCadillac.com, it will be easier to find the inventory you are looking for and the services you need without having to filter through the Buick and GMC brands. With Cadillac special offers and information front and center on the site, you can find what you need quickly and easily.
This site makes shopping for a new or pre-owned Cadillac more convenient, and will help to save you time. And, of course, since we are still in the same great location, you can always come visit us and receive the same excellent service you are used to.
Our website may be new, but everything else that you know and love about Trent Cadillac is the same.