Not all car problems are created equal, and perhaps the most frustrating car problem of all is dealing with the aftermath of a flood. Flooding can occur in any number of unexpected scenarios, from a heavy rain to a hurricane.
Here is a step-by-step of what to do if your vehicle should become flooded:
- Take stock of all potential damage. Look at how deep the floodwaters are in comparison to your car. Note what type of water it is: saltwater will be more damaging to your vehicle than freshwater.
- Do NOT start your car. If you ignite your engine after it’s been flooded, you will only cause more damage.
- Act fast. No matter what type of water you’re dealing with, corrosion can occur before you know it. Start drying out your vehicle immediately. If you need to move your car out of the flooded area, contact a towing company to have it moved. Note that before you tow, you may need to drain your oil and transmission fluid, depending on the severity of the flood.
- Lift the hood. Here is where you’ll find all the clues to determine how severe the flooding was. Check the dipstick for water droplets. Remove any cylinders with water contact and check for corrosion.
- Clean out the cabin of your vehicle. You will want to remove as much moisture as you can as quickly as possible. Use a wet vacuum to remove standing water and rags to absorb all water that has soaked into fabric seating or carpeting. If you can, remove the seats, cushions, and mats for extensive drying.
- Check the fuel. There may be water inside the fuel tank. You will likely need to flush out all old fuel and replace it with fresh gasoline.
Schedule an appointment with Trent Cadillac’s service department for comprehensive repairs, and your trusty ride will be back up-to-snuff in no time.
Our hometown of New Bern is renowned for its warm and welcoming spirit, a quality all of us here at Trent Cadillac are particularly proud of. At no time does this delightful, communal nature shine more clearly than during the holiday season, when New Bern comes alive with Christmas events. One of our absolute-favorite holiday traditions in New Bern is the Masquerade: A Candlelight Christmas Celebration.
This year, the 38th annual Masquerade: A Candle Christmas Celebration will take place on December 8th and December 15th from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Tryon Palace. Here, you’ll be able to step out in all your Yuletide finery and bask in the gorgeous holiday decor all around the breathtaking grounds of Tryon Palace. The Masquerade covers the entire expansive grounds of the Palace, which means you can enjoy your evening by taking a tour of the esteemed property, taking part in the lawn activities, or just enjoying some beverages, food, and dancing. Food will be available for purchase from one of the many numerous food trucks that will be parked around the Tryon Palace grounds.
The firework finale of the event is always our favorite part, so make sure you stay until the very end. You certainly won’t want to miss this show. If you need a “carriage” to arrive in style, consider a vehicle from Trent Cadillac.
With the beach to the east and the Croatan National Forest to the south, there’s always a chance to get outside when you live in New Bern, North Carolina. But a particular fall festival is coming up in mid-October that will invite families and visitors of all ages outside in historic downtown New Bern.
The New Bern MumFest celebrates all things fall and all things fun on October 12-14 2018. The event takes places downtown on the New Bern waterfront, and is free for all to experience. Last year, roughly 100,000 visitors enjoyed a day at the New Bern MumFest, and this year promises to be just as fun.
The MumFest kicks off with a concert on October 12th. Dan + Shay will play at Lawson Creek Park, and will be joined by special guest Walker McGuire. Tickets for the kickoff concert are available online.
In addition to live music, the New Bern MumFest will include other entertainment like street performers, amusement park rides, acrobats, and model train and helicopter displays. Take a cruise on the Neuse River, then spend a few hours browsing through unique vendors featuring handmade items like pottery. MumFest also includes plenty of food vendors, so you can spend the entire day with your family enjoying this fall festival in New Bern.
For a sophisticated ride to get you to MumFest in style, be sure to check out our lineup at Trent Cadillac.
image by Jennifer Flynn
Planning a summer road trip but don’t know where to go? Check out these exciting vacation destinations in the Carolinas this summer.
There’s so much more to do than head to the beach in Charleston. Sight-seeing and exploring historic districts are also at the top of the list in this charming coastal city.
While not a beach destination, Asheville is a cozy mountain town knows for its craft beer and arts scene. It’s also close to Blue Ridge Parkway and Appalachia for the outdoorsy types out there.
Off the coast of North Carolina, the Outer Banks are formed by a group of relaxing barrier islands with a small-town feel. Lounge on the numerous beaches or explore the many local lighthouses.
A leisurely vacation at the Hilton Head by Coligny Beach is just what everybody needs to take the edge off. From an upscale golf course to beaches without a crowd, Hilton Head offers peaceful solitude.
Located near the Blue Ridge Mountains, this scenic city isn’t a big tourist trap – which makes it all the more charming. Plus, it’s famous for the local culinary scene, so you can get your foodie on.
Once you’ve selected your destination, you need a car with enough space for your cargo before you can embark on your summer road trip. The Cadillac Escalade offers up to 94.2 cu. ft. of storage capacity, or if you want something a bit smaller, the all-new Cadillac CT4 is versatile enough to pack for a trip, too.
You can find both of these vehicles when you visit Trent Cadillac.